When it comes to tuxedos for high school spring proms, there are relatively simple guidelines for guys hoping to impress their dates, or those seeking a smooth look on the dance floor.
The good news is that formalwear stays fairly consistent while also giving some room for personal style. The even better news is that Libin’s, which specializes in Kalamazoo prom tuxedo rentals, has a huge variety to tailor to your night out, and the store’s experts will show you the way.
Our tuxedo package pricing includes the entire outfit, including shoes. It’s convenient and simple.
There are four keys to owning your appearance on prom night:
- The appropriate size and fit: No matter how sharp the look, it falls apart if the fit isn’t right. Big and baggy doesn’t work with tuxedos and a slim-fit isn’t for everyone. Take advantage of experts for measurements and their advice on what to wear.
- Match your date: The night is too important to chance that your tuxedo and its accessories are a color shade off your prom date’s dress. To get the perfect match, Libin’s professionals recommend bringing in the dress or a swatch of the fabric.
- Stay consistent and true to your style: Prom night should be relaxing and there should not be any anxiety about trying to pull off a different fashion. Your tuxedo should be a style that complements you.
- When in doubt, a traditional look always wins the night: You simply can’t go wrong with a classic black tuxedo.
The latest styles
There are tuxedo trends that give guys the ability to stand out from the crowd and make their mark with a different look. One emerging direction are paisley print jackets from Mark of Distinction tuxedos. The cobalt blue, apple red or granite designs will standout when pairing the coats with black pants. It’s a trim and tapered style.
Another bold look is from Kenneth Cole, which is offering its burgundy tuxedo jacket for pairing with slim black tuxedo pants. The coat comes in an ultra slim fit and has a two-button closure and a front welt pocket if the wearer wants to add a pocket square those are available.
Pairing the look of your tuxedo jacket and pants with the other elements of your prom night comes down to a mix of personal preference, natural design fit and what your date is wearing. This is another spot to use the consultation from a Libin’s expert.
- Shirts and ties: Wing collars and laydown collars are standard. If you’re wearing a long tie, there’s no decision to make as it is always worn with a lay down collar. A bow tie can accessorize either shirt style, and the decision comes down to your comfort level.
- Vest and tie: The no-exception rule is to have this selection match your jacket and/or your date’s colors.
- Shoes: The traditional tuxedo shoe is the shiny black patent leather for any black, grey or navy tuxedo. A white tuxedo requires a white shoe. If you’re going for a more modern look, a matte finish black shoes, or with navy and grey the tan matte finish shoe could be for you.
Make it easy on yourself
Take the advice and expertise of a Libin’s professional when choosing a tuxedo package from the store that has been outfitting Kalamazoo prom-goers for decades
Visit us today to get the best selection before the prom season rush starts!